Saturday, July 11, 2009

On the road again


Unlike Willie, I damned sure could have waited to get on the road again. The bad news El Paso is almost 500 miles west, the good news is the speed limit is 80 MPH. Jeannie and I rotate the driving duties every 200 miles or so and it makes a huge difference. Time was as a self perceived alpha male I would drive all day, as a result I did not enjoy road trips nearly as much. Also having Jeannie drives gives me adrenalin rushes when, from time to time, I think my life is at end. Just kidding folks, well kinda kidding. Most of you have figured out writing is not my strong suit, for that matter neither is speaking. I have never mastered the present perfect tense nor any other rule needed by those who aspire to speak or write our language properly. I also know virtually nothing about food or preparing food, I know what I like and really that is about it. Jeannie is a wonderful cook and when last I checked, has strong opinions about what she does and does not like. This blog is our way of trying to share with our friends, our impressions of a trip that was meant to be whimsical and fun. It has been far more fun that I ever imagined. When you can thoroughly enjoy driving across Texas, well things are looking up.

2 comments:

  1. I think you are doing a wonderful job. I love getting on everyday and seeing where you guys have been and hearing about the food. John and I are already planning our trip. :) Somehow I think he will have us going through El Paso at least 4 times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Larry and Jeannie! I'm amazed at your blogging abilities! It is fun to read what you guys are up to!Wish we would have known about this and made a blog for Hawaii! Next time we will! Have fun kids!!!!

    ReplyDelete